Sunday, January 2, 2011

PS3 Move vs. Xbox Kinect

It's been difficult telling which console is winning the next gen battle of motion gaming ever since the NPD Group stopped publishing sales figures. Although a small sample size, I may have found my answer during a recent trip to Fry's (electronics store).

On my way to the checkout, I began noticing a crowd form in front of a large flatscreen TV near the video game department. Being the overly-curious guy that I am, I made a quick detour to see what all of the fuss was about. What I found was two young girls having a dance battle in Dance Central. People of all ages and demographics were mesmerized, not wanting to take their eyes off the action.

Xbox Kinect


Once I made my way through the crowd, I ran into the PS3 Move booth where two lonely people were trying to play a game. No crowd, no excitement, and probably nothing being sold.

PS3 Move


It seems as if the Kinect has landed the first punch but the fight has just begun. Will the Move have a must-have game in 2011 that pulls some market share away from the Kinect? Only time will tell.

-BC-

0 comments:

Post a Comment